Monday, March 13, 2006

Back to the blog

As you can see, I am not the prolific writer that my husband is. But I do want to keep y'all informed on life at the Moran house while Jon is away.

Joshua and I enjoyed some special treats this weekend. On Saturday I got my hair cut and had lunch with my mom and a friend while Joshua hung out with his Grandpa Joe. On Sunday those of you who attend SCPC's 11:00 service were treated to a special performance of the children's choir with comic relief provided by Joshua Moran. I was able to tape it with my digital camera, burn it on a CD and send it to Jon. (I just love technology.) Afterwards Joshua and I were treated to lunch with some church friends.

Some of you have heard me talk about the World Vision child sponsorship drive that I helped coordinate at our church. Well, the congregation was moved and we have sponsored over 350 children to date. These are children from the Nkhoma Area Development Project which our church, along with others, is sponsoring as we take steps to be God's hands in the world while seeking to change the lives of members of our own congregation. You can read more about this exciting partnership at this link: http://www.worldvision.org/about_us.nsf/child/eNews_california_030706?Open&campaign=12330348&cmp=EMC-12330348
Since I was able to travel to Malawi last year, I am thrilled to see members of our congregation reaching out to these children who are currently dealing with difficulties beyond most of our imaginations.

Thanks to so many of you who have been writing to Jon. He just loves those motomails and regular mail sent via the US Postal Service is great too.

Sheryl

No comments: