Sunday, March 26, 2006

Key Volunteer Training

So glad last week is over. With Joshua getting out of school at 12:45 every day, my routine was thrown off. Then I made the mistake of planning activities for each afternoon, which meant we were way too busy. To end the crazy week, I attended the Marine Corps Key Volunteer training at Camp Pendleton. Fortunately my brother and sister-in-law were able to watch Joshua for me on Saturday since the training took most of the day. Joshua had a great time with his cousins doing crafts at Michael's.

The Key Volunteer Training was very good. Of course my conclusion at the end is that I know much less than I thought I did to start with. Fortunately the training provided me with the resources I will need to serve the other Marine Corps spouses in Jon's unit. Our unit has one Key Volunteer so now she and I will divide the spouses that we need to keep in touch with. We are the links between the Commanding Officer of the unit and the spouses of all the Marines in the unit. The job will involve monthly meetings, sending lots of e-mails and making phone calls, but I like the idea of being the first one to get information instead of being the one who has information passed on to me. Call me a control freak -- it's true.

Have some friends who are planning to come on Tuesday to help with the painting project but now they are predicting rain. :( Oh, well, one of these days we'll get it done. So far no complaints from the office. Maybe they saw the article in the OC Register and are afraid of some bad publicity. :)

Sheryl

No comments: