Saturday, March 04, 2006

A beautiful Southern California day

I thought I would post a picture of our beautiful Southern California day. We are between storms (rain -- not snow) and today was gorgeous. Joshua and I were at Dana Point (2 miles from our house) when I took this picture. I am posting the picture for Jon so he won't forget what the ocean looks like and so those of you still dealing with winter can realize why some of us are willing to pay to live in this gorgeous location.

This evening Joshua had his first Tae Kwon Do test. He has been a white belt for about 6 weeks and tonight he tested for yellow belt. He did an excellent job and was in the group of white belts who did not get help from the teacher. I am so proud of him because he has done this all on his own. He has even learned how to count to 10 in Korean. In the picture below he is shaking hands with Master Park. He is holding a board that he broke with his fist. On each child's board the parents had been directed to list 3 things the child needs to improve. Then before they broke the board the assistant came to each student and read allowed the three things with the student repeating a promise (facing Mom) not to do these things any more. It was great. I intend to use this to help motivate Joshua to remember how to behave at home.


All in all a great day.

Sheryl

No comments: