Friday, December 15, 2006

48 hours later


I am still having trouble sleeping through the night, but at least my body is resting even if my mind is not.

Last night I finally understood what happened to Joshua in the accident. He has insisted the whole time that the car hit him on the back, but that didn't make sense the way we were running and since an adult witness said she saw Joshua running away from the car, I assumed her eyes were right and Joshua was imagining things. Well I was wrong. We kind of replayed the accident at dinner and he explained that he was doing his "side running" through the crosswalk. That means that he was leading with his left foot and his back was to the car. He didn't see the car hit me, but the car's head light or something with an edge did scratched his back -- 3 inch abrasion -- and sent him flying forward away from the me and the car. He landed on all fours and since he had mitten and long pants on he didn't get scratched up by the asphalt. He has described the hit "like jumping off the monkey bars or a table." So the witness saw what looked like running, but was really Joshua being bumped by the car. Fortunately I took most of the impact, but Joshua is right, he got hit by the car too.

Joshua is doing fine -- talking in his sleep, but sleeping through the night. Last night our good friend Brad and his sons Bradley and Justin came over to put up a ton of Chistmas lights on our house. Joshua had a great time "helping" him.

I'm hoping to make it to Joshua's class Christmas party today -- will post pictures when I can. Thanks for the many e-mails and calls I have gotten.

Sheryl

No comments: