Thursday, December 14, 2006

A broken arm at 45

I would not recommend trying to stop a car as a pedestrian while crossing a street, but a mother's got to do what a mother's got to do. It has been 24 hours since the accident. Joshua is off to school feeling fine except for an abrasion on his back He took the copy of my x-ray to show his friends. I could hear him talking in his sleep during the night, but he didn't remember his dreams this morning, so I hope his subconscious did a good job of processing his fears while he slept.

I did not sleep well, even with the Vicodin. I kept waking up every hour or so throughout the night. I'm very sore this morning and feeling my age. :) A broken arm at 45 is not a great idea. Well, that's about all the typing I can do for now.

I have been able to talk to Jon (thanks to the phone card Chris and Carolyn sent). We are both so grateful for your prayers and support.

Sheryl

1 comment:

htullmann said...

I'm so sorry to hear you broke your arm! How scary! It's good to hear you're doing better. Merry Christmas!

Hans