Sunday, December 24, 2006

Joshua Turns 7



Yesterday Joshua celebrated his 7th birthday with my family (my Mom, Sandy, Sonny, Steve, Sandi, Elena, Emma and Evan). We have a party with his friends in the Spring to celebrate his May 14 baptism and his "half birthday."

Jon was able to send Joshua some short video messages via e-mail and then he called in the morning and Joshua and I both had a long talk with him. Here Joshua is on the phone with his Dad next to the partially decorated cake. Thanks to Cyndi for loaning us the castle cake pan. The final version is shown below in all its glory.

After a simple lunch (pizza and McDonalds happy meals), Joshua opened his gifts and then we enjoyed the cake and ice cream. Then we were off on a family geocache adventure. We found 5 in the San Juan creek area east of the freeway. It was great to be outside on a gorgeous California "winter" day.

After my family headed home Joshua and I spent about two hour building his new 445 piece Lego Sponge Bob (Thanks, Aunt Lori).

We are looking forward to being with my entire family (my brother Scott and his wife Renee are coming down from Seattle) Christmas day followed by a family slumber party and a trip to the San Diego Wild Animal Park on Tuesday. May you all have a wonderful Christmas celebration as you remember the birth of our Savior Jesus Christ.

Sheryl

No comments: