Tuesday, December 12, 2006

More thanks

We continue to be blessed by so many of you. Thank you to those who have let me know that you continue to pray for Jon, Joshua and me. We greatly appreciate it during this season of the year. Here’s the latest on how you have been blessing Jon.

“Greetings, All:

I'm beginning to wonder if I'll be able to walk down the steps to the flight line apron when departing the aircraft when I land in the States--I'll probably have to roll or be carried (this is not a morbid joke on losing my ambulatory capability, but a remark on the quantity and quality of rich provisions I am being sent). Since my last note on 03 December, I've received a greeting card and a phone card from Natalie F. (thanks so much for thinking of me, I'd run out of phone card minutes--which I can use from a phone in my office--and have been trekking down to the MWR Phone Center, which I won't have to do any more); a care package from the San Juan Seniors (thanks, guys, all the stuff was great, particularly the peanut butter--I'd been out for about three weeks, and I'd been missing my daily banana with peanut butter snack [which brings up the question of where in the world they grow bananas in December, and how do they get them to this base in reasonable condition?]--and the bean dip, which I haven't had any of for the whole time I've been here); and, as if that first package wasn't enough, ANOTHER package from the San Juan Seniors (with another much needed phone card, Triscuits, Cheeze-Its, Multi-Grain Crackers, and a whole slew of other items that were all immediately--almost--consumed). I also received a package from Joe & Helen filled with Christmas cheer (in the form of a stocking and some Christmas decorations, some awesome
home-made chocolate brownie caramel nut things, and among other delectable items, some cherry-&-liquid filled chocolate candies that were truly delightful).

I also received a very special folder of drawings and letters that had been compiled and sent to me by a 1st Grade class. This was a very special treat, as Joshua was a member of the class--but the next week, I received a HUGE LETTER from a 2nd Grade class. I feel very
loved and supported, and would like to visit each of the classes after I return.

Thanks so much for your love, your prayers, your support, and your care. You are making SUCH A DIFFERENCE.

Semper Fi, Jon G.”

No comments: