Monday, March 03, 2008

BUSY

As I mentioned, things are crazy busy for Jon. Here's what he wrote today,

"I'm incredibly busy now, as our planning sessions are sucking up all my time, and I've still got all these weekly, bi-weekly, whatever odd jobs due to various authorities. Dealing with daily internal stress, retaining mental alacrity in the planning sessions, reading an avalanche of reports every day to retain situational awareness, and kicking out product as required to support the planning process, the cumulative result is actually tougher to deal with than the stress resultant from my job in 2006. As soon as the lead for my sections returns from a short TAD, it should let up a little, as we'll have two folks to cover all the work. Well, I'm not trying to whine, just communicate the business of my life. One of the Chaplain's sermon illustrations from Sunday was a Chinese pictogram for 'busy.' Apparently it incorporates two characters, one meaning 'heart' and one meaning 'kill.' I thought that was pretty good. Semper fi"

Thanks for keeping him in your prayers.

No comments: