Sunday, March 09, 2008

Sickness strikes again

My weekend started out marvelously. I took Joshua to my Dad's (Mom is visiting their youngest granddaughter Maddy in Seattle) Friday afternoon and then I went out with girl friends for dinner and I got to hang out till 9:00 without worries of the babysitter bill. For about four years these friends (Shirley, Cathy, Karen, Jill and I) have been gathering four times a year to celebrate our five birthdays. We do miss our good friend Richelle who lives in Spokane.

Saturday I was able to attend a Silent Retreat at my church -- my first. Wow! What an amazing experience. If you ever have a chance to do something like this I highly recommend it. It is not an easy thing to do and I was exhausted afterwards, but in a blessed and holy way. I was only silent from 9:00 am to 1:00 pm, but that was a long time for me. :) I had about an hour at home alone to do chores and check e-mails before my dad brought home my sick little boy. He had a fever (which hasn't broken as of Sunday afternoon), he seems to have a stomach bug as well as a runny nose and of course he feels miserable. He got about 11 hours of sleep last night and after a short phone conversation with Jon this morning, he has spent most of the day in bed. TV doesn't even help because his eyes hurt. I got about 10 hours of sleep last night, so I'm trying to take care of myself.

Please pray for me. We were healthy most of the fall and beginning of winter and now this is the third time Joshua has been sick since Jon left. I got his bug last time, so please pray that I don't get it this time. Also pray for peace as I will have to give up things on Monday that I really want to do, unless he has a miraculous healing this afternoon. Thank you for joining with me in this journey through illness. It is such an encouragement to know that people will pray with me.

News from Jon is that spring ended last week over there. He said it felt like spring for a couple weeks. Last week it got up to 80 and they are expecting it to hit the 90s this week. He continues to work long hours, but seemed fairly encouraged this morning when we spoke. They don't go to day light saving time until April 4, so now he is only 10 hours ahead of us.

Thanks for your prayers.

Sheryl

No comments: