Tuesday, June 13, 2006

14th Anniversary

Fourteen years ago today I woke early with excitement and anticipation for a great wedding celebration. Little did I know what the next 14 years would include. Ahhh! Isn't that the way of life?! This week I read through my scrapbook that chronicles the years between our meeting and our wedding. The book is very thick with many pictures and stories but since then, the books are thicker and the stories are many and varied. I have come to believe that one of the reasons God created marriage was to help a man and a woman learn how to become whole people, healthy people, the kind of people God created us to be. And that road is full of beauty as well as hardship. It is full of immense and deep love as well as anger and hurt. It is a road I am so honored to be traveling with my best friend, my son's father, my lover, my husband Jon.

Happy Anniversary, Jon.

Sheryl

No comments: