Friday, June 09, 2006

June Gloom

If you live in Southern California, this posting may not be very interesting to you, especially if you, like me, live within 2 miles of the ocean. It is an awesome place to live, but the weather during May and June have become known as May Gray and June Gloom, for obvious reasons. A note to any tourist, if you want to see Disneyland in the sun, don't come till after July 4th. This week the clouds and fog have been so thick that we have had drizzle. It is amazing. For proof, I offer these pictures taken at 10:00 a.m. from my porch and by the side of my house. We have hills on either side of us -- within half a mile -- but you wouldn't have known it this morning. I must say this is nice jogging weather. And kids don't even notice it.

We have lots of fun things planned for the weekend. Joshua will get to see Cars (the new Pixar movie) this afternoon as part of the birthday party for his friend Alex. Saturday, my dear friends in our church small group are taking me out for a special anniversary dinner -- Jon and I celebrate 14 years of marriage on June 13th. Sunday after church Joshua and I will head south to celebrate cousin Evan's 6th birthday with family and friend. Then next week will be the final week of school and summer will begin. Have lots of things planned -- hopefully the weather will clear up soon, but even still, we are blessed to live in this beautiful place.

Sheryl

No comments: