Monday, June 26, 2006

Harry Potter

After returning from camping, my cold did get worse and so Joshua and I have not done much. We have spent a lot of time hanging out at home listening to the recording of Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire -- book 4 in the series. We are completely addicted and loving it. :)

Yesterday I had the amazing honor of being installed as an elder at my church. I was first ordained as an elder at Trinity Presbyterian Church about 16 years ago, when I was an even younger elder. This experience was meaningful in a different way. I am so loved and cared for at this church and I am humbled to be called to serve in this way.

If you read Jon's blog, you know that we had an hour-long video conference call yesterday. It was rather strange sitting in a huge conference room with two large TVs at the end of the table. One showed Joshua and me sitting at a microphone and the other was filled with Jon sitting in a small room in front of a desk. I think Joshua enjoyed watching himself on TV. It was good to be able to see Jon even if it was a bit unusual setting.

This week is Vacation Bible School and I'm a small group leader for the 1st graders. Joshua still loves to have me involved with him so how could I turn down this great opportunity.

Sheryl

No comments: