Thursday, June 22, 2006

Camping


As most of you probably know, Jon is a BIG camper. One summer he camped at the beach every other weekend for the entire summer. I, on the other hand, would rather leave the camping to Jon and Joshua. But being a "good mother" I thought I should take Joshua camping at least once while Jon is gone. Maybe I just wanted to prove to myself that I could do it.

Fortunately, my college friend Lauri was able to join Joshua and me this week and so we were able to set up our new tent. Joshua gave encouraging comments as we went along like, "Mommy, I think you need Daddy." But Lauri and I were able to successfully raise the tent and I have photographic proof. I was even able to start our evening fire with just newspaper, wood and a lighter -- even Jon usually uses fuel to give his fire a boost.

Now I'm home trying to fight off a chest cold. I am so grateful to friends Sergio and Wyndi who took Joshua for the afternoon so I could run a couple errands and just rest. Joshua and I are looking forward to our first video call with Jon on Sunday afternoon. We'll let you know how it goes.

Sheryl

1 comment:

Marine Wife said...

Greg Maxie, I would prefer to be in contact via e-mail. Please provide me with your e-mail address. Thanks.

Sheryl