Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Vacation Bible School


What happens when you take 200 children ages 5 to 9, toss in a hundred teenage and adult leaders for three hours at church? You get an exciting, exhausting, fun Vacation Bible School -- VBS. I have a "small" group of 13 children who will be starting 1st grade in the fall. Joshua is one of my group members and so far we are having a great time together -- all of us. I started off a little stressed by the initial chaos, which is the Monday of VBS. But today was a little better, although we had to improvise when it rained during our outdoor snack time. The kids are learning about the treasures hidden in God's Word. Yesterday they learned that God Loves Us and today that God Knows Us. It is awesome. I am ready for a nap most days when I get home, but that's okay, it's a good kind of tired. :)

Sheryl

No comments: